Serving the Underserved
Veridian has a long history in offering innovative and affordable financial services. Veridian also offers unique services specifically designed to improve the socio-economic well-being of those in greatest need.
- Payday Lending Alternative -- In early 2007, Veridian introduced an affordable alternative to traditional payday lending outlets. This loan features a savings component to help break the cycle of dependency on payday loans. In 2009, over 4,700 PAL loans were awarded.
- Iowa Able Foundation Partnership -- This partnership provides loans for Iowans with disabilities to purchase assistive technology to improve individual independence or increase home-based or self-employment opportunities.
- Home Relief Program (HLPR) -- Veridian originates low-rate mortgage loans for members whose income is at or below the area's median income.
- Services for the Sight Impaired -- Recoded monthly statements, Braille statements, special checking account registers, and statements at 130% their original size aide those who are sight impaired.
- Services for Non-English Speakers -- Veridian has incorporated AT&T Language Line to better communicate with non-English speaking members
- Consumer Choices Option (CCO) -- Veridian is a Medicaid service provider, monitoring and distributing Medicaid funds in a fiscally responsible manner. For more information about CCO, visit the Veridian CCO web site.