- Be a member or become a member of Veridian Credit Union. Note: Once Veridian Credit Union receives your loan application, you have 30 days to finalize your membership with the credit union.
- Be of majority age pursuant to applicable law at the time of application or be an emancipated minor.
- Not have defaulted on any private or government education loan.
- Be attending any nonprofit, Title IV eligible, degree-granting, regionally accredited college or university or nonprofit school of nursing.
- Be accepted, enrolled or attending on at least a half-time basis, as defined by the school, and making satisfactory academic progress in an eligible education program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Cosigner(s) must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
Applying for Veridian Private Student Loan
Veridian Credit Union members can apply online for a private student loan. If you are not a member of Veridian Credit Union you will need to become a member to qualify for the loan program. The loan servicer, Iowa Student Loan®, will handle the processing and approval of your Veridian Private Student Loan application.
View our list of Frequently asked questions.
Additional College Planning Assistance
If you are looking for information on planning for, applying to, paying for and succeeding in college, Veridian Credit Union recommends the Iowa College Access Network® (ICAN). ICAN offers free services, including assistance with completing the FAFSA, to students and their families. Visit www.ICANsucceed.org or call (877) CPC-Iowa for more information about ICAN.